I have a deep love for graphic novels. Anything from comic books to manga, I’m there. I’ve never had the dough to go full-ham superhero comics and junk, but I read every book in the graphic novel section at my high school library.
So… Lumberjanes. Holy crap.
Basically, it’s a story that takes place at a summer camp. Except this place is seriously weird. I’m gonna avoid spoiler territory, but trust me, it’s weird.
Our protagonists are:
- Jo, a tall girl with two dads and a big brain
- April, Jo’s best friend, looks small and girly but could kill a man. Downright super strength
- Molly, tall blonde girl with self-esteem issues, mad bow and anagram skills, and doesn’t wanna go home, definitely gay
- Mal, looks tough but is scared of everything, has awesome plans, not a coward, definitely gay
- Ripley, tiny ball of energy and enthusiasm, really close with Jen
- Jen, the camp counselor in charge of the above, safety conscious, big brain, often ignored
- Rosie, in charge of the camp, can’t seem to get Jen’s name right, if she isn’t based on Rosie the Riveter, colour me shocked
- The Bear Woman, the name says it all
So, how would I best summarize the plot, spoiler-free with bullet points? Well:
- Crazy stuff happens
- Girls use brains, brawn, and friendship to conquer obstacles (but in a not-stupid way)
- Warning! Will cause feels!
Honestly, I don’t know how else to describe this without spoiling anything. Just read it and see what I mean.
Thanks for reading humans, love ya all! Byeeeeee!