I just spent literal hours drawing a dragon. I drew every little scale, it was tedious as heck. I couldn’t get a good photo of it, but I still posted it on my Tapas series.
This is the mark of someone with no life and way to much time on their hands, a life I am extremely dedicated to.
Aloha humans! I guess I should give a rundown of my life lately, seeing as no one stand-out thing has happened.
We went to dinner for Bro’s birthday yesterday. It was pretty fun, but it was a hard to get into the conversation cuz there were so many of us.
Since no one has had any input about whether I should wait to learn to sing, I’m still doing the daily vocal warmups. Either I’m doing them wrong, or my vocal chords are really out of shape, because goodness. They’re surprisingly strenous. And they aren’t supposed to be at all!
Been working on Lizzy’s gift. Made a little progress. Lyn will be by later today to help me work on it.
Did some laundry and found some old clothes that I’d forgotten about.
Haven’t drawn anything for a few days cuz I’ve been too invested in Liz’s gift.
My dog keeps thinking my next door neighbor (a sweet older woman) is trying to come over here whenever she waters her plants.
And that about wraps it up. Nothing really interesting lately, so don’t be surprised if this ends up being the only post today. Thanks for reading humans, love ya all! Byeeeeee!
Here it is:
not a great photo. Also, that is supposed to be Michael Mell. You can see how it differs, but I’m pretty proud of it.
If anyone has drawing tips, feel free to share them. Thanks for reading humans, love ya all! Byeeeeee!
p.s. that text all around it are notes on how I could improve it if I were to re-draw it, it says:
- be more Michael Mell and less John Egbert
- try shading? Can’t be white
- chin too point
- why did I make him a twig?
- I can’t fix that without starting over
- bad headphones!
those aren’t very helpful notes, now that I type it out like that.
Aloha humans! How’s your day been? No, seriously, comment how your day has been, I’d love to know. As for me I’ve had a lazy day.
Having literally nothing I have to do today (except take the trash out) I didn’t wake up ’til 11:30ish. When that happens, it generally means I’m not gonna do anything productive. I spent the day listening to the Be More Chill playlist on a loop, browsing the web, and drawing.
I hardly left my bed at all today. I know there was productive stuff I could do, but nothing I had to do, so I did nothing. Oh, except this post! But posting here is too fun to be considered work 🙂 .
Also, I ship Michael and Jeremy!
Thanks for reading humans, love ya all! Byeeeeee!
Aloha humans! Today I was designing myself for YouTube. That sounds weird. I plan to animate myself for YouTube and I was working on how to do it. I then decided, after doing some Phineas and Ferb doodles, that I wanted my… avatar?… let’s go with that, I wanted my avatar to have an interesting head shape.
Phineas and Ferb, the main characters don’t really have circle heads. Phineas is a triangle, Ferb is a slightly curved rectangle (like a kid’s drawing of a tree trunk), and Candace’s head is shaped like a P.
That got me thinking about how most YouTube animators use a circle or oval, but do something to make it unique. Jaiden draws her hair, Domics’ looks like him, James’ draws his like his comics, SomethingelseYT adds horns, and TimTom is short. I wanted my thing to be an interesting shape.
So, I was playing around with shapes and I noticed how few shapes there really are. It was one of those weird moments where your brain does a double take. Like, when I color for a long time, it feels like there are less and less colors. Even though there are just as many as their were before, it breaks down in my head into red and blue, and sometimes green.
That was a tangent.
Anyway, I was having trouble coming up with different designs and I finally settled on a teardrop sorta shape. It isn’t very similair to my actual appearance, but I’m fine with that.
So, that was a long post to just say, my YouTube avatar has a teardrop shaped head. Thanks for reading humans, love ya all! Byeeeeee!
Aloha! You guys may not know this, (not sure if I mentioned it) but I am an artist. By that, I mean I draw a lot and hope to one day make money that way (not that successful yet). Now, I may not be famous, but I’ve been drawing a while. I’m not that great, there are many better, Lyn is better, but often when people see my drawings they say things like:
- “Will you draw me?”
- “How are you so good at this?”
- “I could never draw like that”
- “Will you draw me something?”
- “How did you learn to do that?”
So, I thought I could address some of things here.
- I will not draw you things unless you hire me to do so.
- I have been drawing since I was about 4 years old, my skill comes from experience, and taking art at school.
- Anyone can draw if they are willing to work at it. I wasn’t born good, and neither was anyone else. With time and effort, and maybe a good teacher, yu could draw better than I can.
- Don’t make the mistake I did. Don’t start out copying existing pictures off the internet. You can learn things this way, but your style will be more unique and consistent if you start out just drawing what you see in your own way.
- If you are really passionate about drawing and really want to be good at it, just draw. have fun! Doodle on class notes, draw people you know, draw from memory, draw from references but don’t copy the verbatim, and just remember to let yourself be creative. Art is about expressing yourself, and if your self expression looks less like this:
and more like this:
that’s fine! Just practice and keep at it, and you will improve! (Credit to Homestuck for the images)
That’s all I got! Thanks for reading humans, love ya all! Byeeeeee!