I have a deep love for graphic novels. Anything from comic books to manga, I’m there. I’ve never had the dough to go full-ham superhero comics and junk, but I read every book in the graphic novel section at my high school library.
So… Lumberjanes. Holy crap.
Basically, it’s a story that takes place at a summer camp. Except this place is seriously weird. I’m gonna avoid spoiler territory, but trust me, it’s weird.
Our protagonists are:
- Jo, a tall girl with two dads and a big brain
- April, Jo’s best friend, looks small and girly but could kill a man. Downright super strength
- Molly, tall blonde girl with self-esteem issues, mad bow and anagram skills, and doesn’t wanna go home, definitely gay
- Mal, looks tough but is scared of everything, has awesome plans, not a coward, definitely gay
- Ripley, tiny ball of energy and enthusiasm, really close with Jen
- Jen, the camp counselor in charge of the above, safety conscious, big brain, often ignored
- Rosie, in charge of the camp, can’t seem to get Jen’s name right, if she isn’t based on Rosie the Riveter, colour me shocked
- The Bear Woman, the name says it all
So, how would I best summarize the plot, spoiler-free with bullet points? Well:
- Crazy stuff happens
- Girls use brains, brawn, and friendship to conquer obstacles (but in a not-stupid way)
- Warning! Will cause feels!
Honestly, I don’t know how else to describe this without spoiling anything. Just read it and see what I mean.
Thanks for reading humans, love ya all! Byeeeeee!
Aloha humans! I’ve found myself returning to this one book on multiple occasions, so maybe you’d like it to.
It’s called Dealing With Dragons by Patricia C. Wrede. Here’re some characters
- Cimorene, the princess who wants nothing to do with her kingdom
- Kazul, a VID (Very Important Dragon)
- Woraug, a touchy dragon
- Roxim, allergic to wizards
- Morwen, a helpful witch
- Therandil, an annoying prince
- Zemenar, a wizard
So, yeah. You can look forward to an interesting, but quick read, and a very sympatheic protagonist. You should check it out! Thanks for reading humans, love ya all! Byeeeeee!
Aloha humans! I finally finished Ready Player One and I gotta say, it was awesome! It is the new top of my Favourite Books list!
That list now looks like this:
- Ready Player One
- Singing the Dogstar Blues
- Kenny and the Dragon
- Complete Sherlock Holmes Collection
- Ender’s Shadow
- Ender’s Game
- Hound of the Baskervilles
As you can see, most of these are either Sci-Fi or Sherlock Holmes. However, Kenny and the Dragon is fantasy. I highly recommend every book on this list.
Back to the book I just finished! I was extremely invested, to the point of going largely AWOL online for the past two days. I made time to post, but I didn’t message anyone or keep up with communication (or fanfiction).
I want to avoid spoilers here, so I’ll just say that everyone should read this book. It’s really good (but not for tinies, 13 and up for language and mentioned sexual content)!
Okay, that’s all for now! Thanks for reading humans, love ya all! Byeeeeee!